Skip to main content

Week 4 : Fandango a go + eBay is a no-go

Week 4:

Two sites that I use regularly are Fandango and eBay. Even though I use them, they both aren't great.

GOOD UX: Fandango is straight forward, nice looking and helps choose the theatre for you. You can look ahead and look forward to new movies coming out near you. It only takes 2 or 3 steps to buy the tickets, choose your seat, and pay.

BAD UX: eBay is an app that I use to find specific items that are either sold out or discontinued. However, they do a few annoying things on their site that I despise. First, they have a few rows of recently viewed items. I'm sure they think this is great but I always think about what if I search for something embarrassing and then it'll always be displayed. Second, if you aren't searching for a specific item, it is tough to navigate with so many "vertical" product categories. I use the eBay app with efficiency, I get in and get out.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 : Instagram is easy + Buzzfeed is hard

Week 6: GOOD UX: Instagram Instagram seemingly recreated Facebook, stripped out all of the content, and distilled the experience down to what people truly want and have time for, pictures alone. This model is still relevant and is the app that I can always look at for just a few minutes. Always updating, always changing, never boring. BAD UX: Buzzfeed I really have trouble with overly busy app screens. There is too much hierarchy among the headlines, subheads, and body copy. I feel like it visually resembles a classified ad, but is even harder to soak in the info.